26th March 2020
Dear Valued Customer
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 2.
There is no doubt we are living through challenging times.
With the rise of the COVID-19 virus across the world we wanted to reassure and inform you of the steps we will be taking to keep our customers and staff safe and to inform you about how you can help. Our company updates are posted on the Stago UK website and previous statements with more detail on our contingency plans can be found here.
The steps we are taking are focused around two key goals, reducing exposure risk and maintaining service continuity.
What we have done
We have already taken the following steps:
- Securing our UK, reagent and consumable supplies. Our UK warehouse is open and we have sufficient product in our warehouse to cover an average of 3 month’s supply, or longer for some products. We are closely monitoring orders to ensure that we can continue to supply all of our customers.
- D-dimer. We are aware of the recent BSH guidance and ISTH publications including D-dimer in the patient treatment pathway and have considered this in our plans.
- We have already ceased face to face meetings and are using teleconference and other remote services wherever possible.
- We have suspended provision of preventative maintenance visits to minimise the risk of exposure to you and our engineering team. Our service team is fully operational and available to attend break down visits as required.
What you can do
We are asking that all our customer take the following steps to support us in our efforts:
- Order responsibly. We have enough stock in our warehouse and in supply chain to maintain provision to all laboratories, so please don’t order any more than you need to. To maintain the flow of products, we will currently only supply one month average usage and cannot fulfil bulk orders.
- Activate remote support to enable us to avoid unnecessary visits. This facility is available free for all customers, find out more here.
- Decontaminate equipment using our specific protocol that you can find here. This protocol is important to ensure safe working for your staff and our field service team.
If you wish to make us aware of any special circumstances we should consider for your organisation please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Stago office on 0845 0540614.
The Stago UK team.