For every Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) suspicion. A rapid and specific exclusion of Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia in 10 minutes. Diagnosing and treating Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) represent a challenge for many clinicians. STic Expert® HIT is a significant step forward in HIT diagnosis.
Patients with HIT have a very high thrombosis risk. They require alternative anticoagulant treatments which increase the bleeding risk. In the absence of a rapid and reliable laboratory assay, many clinicians simply replace heparin based on clinical suspicion only. However, only ~10% of suspected HIT suspicions are confirmed by appropriate tests. Current immunoassays can rule out HIT but have limitations, especially a high number of falsely positive tests, long time to result, complex handling, and reagent wastage.
The STic Expert® HIT kits match all laboratory requirements:
• Reliability: 100% NPV exclusion of HIT when combined with the pretest clinical score
• High specificity: 93% reduction of falsely positive results and therefore of the number of confirmatory tests required
• Time saving result available in 10 minutes
• Easy and ready to use unitary test, available 24/7 STAT compliant for laboratories of all sizes
• Cost effectiveness reduction of cost of HIT outsourcing and no need for extra equipment
2 packaging sizes available:
STic Expert HIT 5: 5 tests per kit* (Ref: 01058)
STic Expert HIT 20: 20 tests per kit* (Ref: 01059)
* individual tests in blister packs
Interested in finding out more? get in touch with your local representative for a free sample or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information